Are you ready to try a fun new snack? I saw chickpea snacks in the grocery store but the price was too high for my liking. So I took a look and found a snack hack.
Here is the recipe!
Cinnamon-maple chickpea nut snack
1 can of chickpeas
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1) Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
2) Pat very dry with paper towels. Discard any loose skins
3) Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. I have a Pampered Chef baker that I like to use, because nothing burns when I use it! Don’t worry, it’s supposed to look brown like that, it means it’s well seasoned.
4) Add olive oil, tossing to coat the chickpeas well
5) Place in 425 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes total baking time. Remove from oven and shake or stir occasionally, every 10 minutes.
6) The chickpeas should crisp during baking. Continue additional cooking testing for crispness.
7) Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with seasonings – maple syrup, (my son is part of the Superior Maple Syrup business- give it a try) sugar and cinnamon.
Toss to coat.
8) Return to the oven for 5 more minutes to caramelize.