What’s the big deal with water? If there are so many fun beverages choices, why should water be first?
A Slovakian Proverb says, ‘Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine’.
Remember we are working on lifestyle changes that become habits.
The lifestyle change that we are working on for the next few weeks is drinking more water.
Just one little step or sip.
Even a perfectionist can do it!
Here are 7 good reasons we should drink more water. I was surprised by some of them!
1. When you’re feeling cranky, have a glass of water! It improves your mood!
Mild dehydration can negatively affect your mood and your ability to think. If a glass of water can improve our mood it’s definitely worth it!
2. Is your energy level low? When your body is dehydrated, feeling tired is one of the first signs.
Wow! Imagine how much more we can get done, just because of water!
3. Feel a headache coming on? At the first sign of a headache drink some water.
It won’t take away the stress, but it may ward off a headache. Headaches are often caused by dehydration.
4. Water helps your body burn calories! Drinking enough water boosts your metabolism and helps the body properly break down food.
It also helps your digestion so your system eliminates properly. I won’t go into details – you can read between the lines.
5. It aids weight loss! Substitute calorie free water for other high calorie beverages and you are reducing your calories.
Get rid of the pop/soda, which has no nutrients, and replace it with water and save 150 worthless calories.
6. It flushes out toxins! Drinking water helps your body to get rid of waste primarily through sweat and urine.
It also promotes kidney function and reduces kidney stone formation. If you’ve ever seen someone in pain from kidney stones you have the best incentive to drink more water.
7. Water also helps your skin have a healthy glow. More moisture means less wrinkles!
Those are all great reasons! Go get a glass of water right now!