Ever felt overwhelmed with all the things you should do? Are you tempted to fill up your days and nights with many tasks? That is what happens to me.
I wonder if I feel valued when I am really busy?
Here’s some of the things I saw and thought about doing this week!
- Take a quit sugar challenge.
- Sign up for a blogging course.
- Become a member of a writing group.
- Joining an online Bible study.
- Reading a whole series of books by one of my favorite authors.
- Doing a 30-day whole food challenge.
- Volunteer at the hospital, cuddling babies in the NICU.
- Join a number of Facebook groups for health, fashion and fitness.
But when I am realistic I know that….BUSY IS NOT BETTER!
Maybe you need to read that too my friend? Please don’t feel guilty if you have all you can handle.
BUSY IS NOT BETTER!
I don’t need to feel guilty because I can’t take on new tasks, even if they are all worthy of my time and energy. Neither do you. It’s a false guilt. It’s not based on truth.
My priorities are set already. I help care for our dear aging parents and my delightful granddaughter Alice. Ministries at our Church are starting again and I am excited to be part of them. We are still enjoying weekends at our little Lake House too. My days and evenings are busy. My life is full and good! I don’t need to add more.
I don’t need to feel guilty for not taking on more!
Neither do you!
BUSY IS NOT BETTER!
I feel that way about my health and well being too. I don’t need to take on any food or fitness challenges. I am just going to keep taking my little steps to health. They work for me and I hope they work for you too!
1. Use a smaller plate at each meal.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Go for a walk everyday.
4. Do a strength-training workout twice a week.
5. Eat a variety of nutrient rich foods.
6. Enjoy treats on the weekend.
Let’s keep doing what we know is best for us!
Today’s little step: Remember busy is not better. Don’t give in to the temptation to take on more.
It’s nice to be back blogging again. The Geek Squad at Best Buy fixed my computer. It wasn’t cheap but it was a whole lot less than a new one!
Peace be with you,